Latest system software update for PS4 consoles
Customize Sony headphones with a linkage function for this app to your liking. Everyday music becomes even more enjoyable with easy controls. You can quickly connect to a smartphone by following a guide. You can easily start to use it even if it’s your first time. Check your headset's connections. Depending on the type of headset you have, you will see one or more of the following wires: 3.5 mm audio out - This is the standard audio-out plug-in that you see on headphones and speaker systems. 3.5 mm connectors plug into headphone ports, and are usually green in color.
An update to the system software for PS4™ consoles was released on 12/01/2021.
Feb 25, 2021 Download the Sony PC Companion installer file from the link above. Save the downloaded file to your computer. Double-click on the downloaded Sony PC Companion installer file. Now, a smart screen might appear and ask for a confirmation. Click “Yes” to confirm. Using the 'Automatic software download' function (easy): Sony provides software updates in order to enhance functionalities and provide users with the latest TV experience. The easiest way to receive software updates is to use the 'Automatic software download'. This setting is enabled by default.System software features on the PS4 console
This system software update improves system performance.
Main features in the system software update:
- You can now view trophies for PS5 games on PS4 consoles.
- In Trophies, you can now view PS5 trophies in your trophy list.
- You can also view PS5 trophies in the trophy list on the profile screen under the [Games] tab.
- In Messages, we've updated the following:
- If you're the owner of a group, you can now delete it. To delete a group, open the options menu, and then select [Delete Group]. If you delete a group, it will be deleted for all members.
- Now when you block someone, you can choose to also leave the group that only you and they are in at the same time. You won't leave groups that include other players.
Other updated features:
Sony Headphones Connect App
- On an Android or iOS/iPadOS device, you can now use the PS Remote Play app to access your PS4 via mobile data.
- We've made the following improvements to parental controls:
- Now when a child requests to use communication features for a game, their parent or guardian will receive a notification on the PS4 and PlayStation App.
- The child will also receive a notification when their parent or guardian accepts, denies, or stops allowing the child to use communication features for a game.
- You can now select whether you'd like to receive notifications on your PS4 or through email about new products and special offers. To do so, go to [Settings] > [Account Management] > [Account Information] > [Communication Preferences].
Everyday music becomes even more enjoyable with easy controls.
You can quickly connect to a smartphone by following a guide. You can easily start to use it even if it’s your first time.
• A “software update” that enables all the functionalities and enhanced performance for your headphones.
• 'Equalizer' allows you to set the sound quality to your liking.
• 'Ambient Sound Control' for changing noise cancellation and ambient sound mode settings easily.*1
• 'Adaptive Sound Control' that uses location information to detect your actions and locations you frequent, and automatically switches headphone settings such as how to take in the ambient sound.*1
• Personalization function*1 to enjoy 360 Reality Audio*2 with spacial sound field for you
• 'Activity' allows you to record and review the usage stats of your headphones.
• Additional features, updates and important news will be notified via notifications
(In order to receive notifications, notification settings in your smartphone must be set to ‘on’)
• Easy “Connection guide” for first time users
• Direct access to the Help menu for your headphones and app
Download Sony Headset Connect*1 Limited to compatible devices.
*2 360Relality Audio may not be available in all countries and regions.
Compatible Sony products:
Sony Headphones Connect Pc Download Windows 10
Please visit the website below.
* Some features may not be supported by certain devices. Please visit the website below for details.
* Some functions and services may not be supported in certain regions/countries.
* Please make sure to update Sony Headphones Connect to the latest version.
* Bluetooth® and its logos are trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and their use by Sony Corporation is under license.
* Other system names, product names, and service names that appear in this app are either registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective development manufacturers. (TM) and ® are not indicated in the text.